It’s jewelry time. Bring yer stuff. Swap some rings, bracelets, necklaces, baubles. Brooches, gems, treasures, charms. Join us soon on Tuesday, June 18—our Third Tuesday of Every Month member-and-guest meeting and orientation. We hang out at Tampa’s Life Enrichment Center (LEC). Our Third Tuesdays are part of TBT’s revitalization initiative to dispatch our efforts further into the community.
And, sure, this Third Tuesday, we’ll be a little preoccupied with costume jewelry—and even take a crack at some jewelry repair with our needle-nosed pliers and tiny hammers and such. So bring what you have and pitch in. Swap some shiny trinkets. And for the menfolk (and women who are into it), bring your big old corn knife and hay cutter machete. Bring yer fruit scissors and pruning loppers and toss in some stories about how you lopped and carved and ate fruit. Or just bring some pliers to potentially trade. It’s all about connection and fun. And per our prime directive: This month, as always, we’re dedicated to education around our mission—exchanges, as explained here in our flyer!
|Date||Tuesday, June 18, 2019|
|Address||LEC: 9704 North Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612; phone: 813.932.0241|
|Questions?||Contact email@example.com or call 608.335.2382
By Grace Maselli
That’s right, at TBT we’re 590 MEMBERS STRONG with a tally of 23,398 hours exchanged as of this moment in time! We’re making valuable deposits into the local community with no bank tellers, no dollar transactions, no drive-throughs! Rather, we pay dividends to our peeps using skills swapping and connection to our local residents in an alternative system of shared interest and assistance. We’re contributing rides, fixing toilets, grooming dogs, and gardening for each other. Tell your friends. Expand the network of neighborliness!
Saturday, July 25, 2015 is our next Abundance Swap & Ice Cream Social! Bring your gently used items and swap them for something else. Help others in need, clear out your clutter and put your stuff back in circulation. Recycle, reuse, re-deploy!
Saturday, July 25, 2015 from 1-4pm.
Get ready for this Abundance Swap! Bring your gently used items and swap them for something else. Help others in need, clear out your clutter and put your stuff back in circulation.
Saturday, May 16 from 1-4pm.
(click image below to download a pdf flyer)
“I did all my Holiday shopping today,” exclaimed one enthusiastic time banker near the end of Saturday’s Abundance Swap, and she was not alone. We were busy from start to finish and everyone left with several things they needed.
Tampa Bay Time Bank’s latest Abundance Swap was another fine example of a free market! Our recent swap on Saturday December 13 at Sacred Grounds Coffee House in Tampa was this year’s second swap. On November 1 we held the first TBT (Tampa Bay Time Bank) Abundance Swap at Moccasin Lake Park in Clearwater.
For those of you who weren’t at the second Abundance Swap at Sacred Grounds in Tampa yesterday afternoon, it was a smashing success. Rita’s enthusiasm sparked a lot of work in a short time, and everyone rallied to make it work.
Kudos to the gang who got there two hours ahead to set up. There were the stalwart TBT folks: Marie, Rita, Tish, Nancy, Kelley and who else am I missing? For the clean up, all those and many of the Swappers who hung around to help, they were enjoying it so much!
There were some good things about the Swap beyond someone getting a new iron.
1) Ages of people stopping by were from twenty something to octogenarians
2) Shelby graduated from USF yesterday morning, and was at the Swap at 2pm
3) A woman said she had been hounded by her kids to downsize, and resisted for yrs. When she heard about the Swap, that got her started. She brought us a trunkload of stuff, and said it was a first step.
4) Several grandmothers were taking outfits for their grandchildren, who would be in the next size up by spring
5) About 15 folks from the storefront church in the same plaza walked past and asked about TBT.
6) Several people who couldn’t attend yesterday gave me stuff to take to the Swap
7) S. Pinellas TBT’ers need to offer a Swap. Some folks don’t want to drive an hour, even if it is for free stuff
8) Talked w/a few people who have been members, but never attended anything or made exchanges.
9) Swaps donate a lot of the leftover goods to thrift stores. Donations at most thrifts are down 15%-ish.
Good work, Tampa Bay Timers and Swappers!
**The next swap will be Saturday, February 6, 2015 at Sacred Grounds!!**
Watch for another swap to be held in the springime in Pinellas County, too!